Pages

Tuesday 6 April 2010

No Strings Attached

It seems you can get almost anything delivered to your house these days. Anything from alcohol to cigarettes, roast dinners and umm tampons!?

Yes Ladies, thanks to 'Trinkets', you can now have a 'discreet' box of tampons dropped through your letterbox every 4 weeks as a beautiful reminder that you are about to go through hell or as the website prefers to puts it:
'Trinkets tampons will make you feel good about your period. Period!'
Make me feel good about my period? Really? I'm sorry but no amount of pretty packaging & soft pastels will make me feel happy that I'm about to shed my innards & have my entire body racked with stabbing pains, not to mention of course just generally feeling gross & devil like. Forget all that though ladies, look, cute packaging! See, now isn't that better?



Actually this isn't even the most nauseating marketing spiel I've encountered for tampons. Moxie wins that award hands down. The Moxie products are strewn with little mantras that make me want to throw up. Look at this little gem from their 'boudoir' range:
'Every day should be special . . . spoil yourself'
I'm sorry? Spoil myself? Unless there's a triple chocolate cake and bottle of Dom Perignon in the box I think I'm going to struggle to 'spoil myself' with a tampon! Oh, and in case some smart arse thinks they have the answer, I would like to add that the instructions strictly forbid use of more than one at a time.

As a smart, independent woman I would like to say that this type of marketing is offensive, demeaning and ineffective. However, as I actually own several of Moxie's 'purse worthy retro style tins' I can only hang my head in shame and tut loudly.

3 comments:

  1. poor you anyway don,t worry just about another twenty odd years and then You can tell moxi where to stick them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe this was thought up by men, they know if a 'pretty box' drops through the door to get the hell out of the house...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Gouldzilla I think you might be on to something there. Oh and 20 years seems like long enough to think up a very elaborate revenge plan for moxi! Bwahahaha

    ReplyDelete

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just choose name/url and you won't be asked to login.