Pages

Monday 15 February 2010

Women - A Functional & Ornamental Race


Recently in work I've had the very taxing role of scanning through women's magazines for inspirational pictures that could be given to a group of teenagers for a collage. Having been presented with copies of Red, More, Heat, Glamour etc I have to confess to finding this an almost impossible task.  

I don't normally read women's magazines so to be honest it's been a bit of an eye opener.  There's nothing interesting in these rags at all and the only thing inspiring is More's Position Of The Fortnight. 

These magazines coupled with a rather infuriating radio advert that opens with the sensitive line "Ladies, are you disappointed with your eyelashes?" have left me feeling rather deflated this week. 

Now this may come as a shock to some of you but as a woman I feel a certain obligation to spend several hours a week, moisturising, exfoliating, waxing, shaving, tweezing & lathering various parts of this body of mine.  This can be a chore at times but thankfully, for the most part it doesn't bother me too much.  Even with all that though, reading these magazines, coupled with the lovely radio advert i'm to believe that I'm not doing enough in my role as woman. 

My solution to this dilemma is simple - Fuck it all.  As a woman with a job and a social life I don't think I can commit anymore time to preening. I'm going to take an evening off from the regime of cleanse, tone & moisturise and devote my night to something I know will make me feel better, wine & cheesecake.

So gentlefolk, If my eyelashes happen to disappoint you in the morning, I really couldn't care less!

1 comment:

  1. FTR I've never been disappointed with your eye lashes.

    Well, just that one time.

    ReplyDelete

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just choose name/url and you won't be asked to login.