Pages

Monday 26 July 2010

If In Doubt Just Make It Up

When faced with the spelling of a difficult word you basically have 2 options:  
  1. Look it up in a dictionary.
  2. Just go ahead and misspell it while trying to get it as accurate as possible.

However after spotting this lovely flyer in a bus stop late one night I have found that there is indeed a 3rd option . . . Make the spelling up in a dramatic and enhancing way:

  
Step right up ladies and gentlemen and prepare to be amazed by my ‘Demontrashon’ of psychic ability.

Now I truly love this misspelling. It sounds accented, atmospheric and, ‘Demons-Trash-On’ seems oddly apt for this particular service.

However as much as I would enjoy a ‘Demontrashon’ in Clairvoyance I feel my limited money might be better spent elsewhere. Besides, how good a psychic can they be if didn’t foresee my post insulting their poster?

2 comments:

  1. there is a fourth way and that is to try and use a different word that you can spell that is what i do but you are buggered if you cant spell that either

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drat you're right! I forgot about that option as it's almost second nature to me.

    ReplyDelete

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just choose name/url and you won't be asked to login.